Thursday, March 13, 2014

Morning Boost Smoothie!

For starters...I won't be doing a '5 on Friday' tomorrow. :( I will be in Arizona with Kevin picking up his grandpa to bring him back to Texas!  Please pray for our long drive back!

I've been drinking smoothies for breakfast for about 3 or 4 years now and I LOVE it!  I don't have a super fancy blender, but I've always been fine with what I have.  I started with a really cheap one in college and then an Oster that my dad bought me and honestly, it was great!  Now I have the Ninja NJ600 Professional Blender and it's been great!  I just wish it'd clean itself like a Vitamix!  I'm not sure I'll ever spend that much money on a blender though!

Here's the deal...I cannot drink the same smoothie every morning.  I need to change it up often so I've experimented with many recipes.  When I'm in a hurry, I just make an Advocare meal replacement shake.  I have the berry, vanilla, chocolate and chocolate mocha ones.  They're pretty filling and taste great, but I prefer to not spend that much money so I don't have one every day.

Today I'm sharing one of my favorite smoothie receipes with you!  It wakes me up and gives my body a ton of nutrients!

Morning Boost Smoothie

 
 
1/2 frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen grapes
1/2 avocado (peeled and seeded)
1 handful of fresh spinach
1 handful of fresh kale (remove stems)
2 tablespoons chia seeds or ground flax seed
1 1/2 cups chilled green tea (photo shown with almond milk instead)
1/2 lemon, juiced
agave nectar, if needed
ice, if you like a thicker smoothie
 
Blend all of the ingredients together in a blender to your preferred consistency.
 
Recipe adapted from Skinny Ms
 
This smoothie really does wake me up and gets me through the morning.  Let me know if you try it!  I hope you enjoy it!
 
And just for fun...here are my kale chips I had last night with shrimp for dinner...
 
 
I just cooked those on 300 degrees for 15 mins with a little extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt and pepper.
 
Have a great weekend!



1 comment:

  1. I'm obsessed with smoothies. I have one almost every day. I love the recipe you shared, except I can't put avocado in a smoothie...I love it so much, I'd rather eat it by itself! ;)

    ReplyDelete