Monday, November 11, 2013

most amazing chicken corn chowder?

Hey folks!  I'm back with a report on the lentil soup!

http://www.everydaymaven.com/2011/crockpot-lentil-soup/
 
My husband and I liked the lentil soup, but didn't love it.  I probably liked it more than him.  My only variations: I didn't include the tomatoes (I have bad acid reflux...boo) and I used normal green chard instead of swiss chard.  I had to add a little water since it didn't have the juice from the tomatoes.  I thought it tasted great!  It's pretty hearty...I told my husband it tasted earthy though I'm not really sure what that means.  The chard has a pretty strong flavor.  I'd recommend it if you're looking to cook something vegetarian that's healthy and pretty filling.
 
 
 
http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2013/10/chicken-corn-chowder-recipe.html

OMG!  This is one of my favorite soups I've ever made!  My husband loved it too!  I got it from the Six Sisters Stuff blog.  My variations: since both of us are lactose-intolerant, I used Lactaid milk instead of regular milk and I used leftover chicken breasts from another meal.  I would suggest using actual shredded chicken cooked for this purpose.  The broth is delicious!  I don't know what it is but with all of these flavors coming together, it makes the best chowder I've ever had!


I'm just going simple tonight!  I'm making a shrimp stir-fry with items I already have in my fridge/freezer.  We'll be eating out for most dinners this week so I'm not sure what else I'll be cooking, but these tacos from Mix and Match Mama sure sound good!


http://mixandmatchmama.blogspot.com/2013/08/dinner-tonight-bbq-baked-chicken-tacos.html
 
 
If you ever try any of these recipes, let me know!  I'd love to know what you thought!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment